The Obsidian Motorsport Group INS is a CAN based IMU + GPS. It uses cutting edge sensor fusion algorithms that are designed to provide high frequency estimates of a vehicle's position, velocity, acceleration, orientation, and angular rate. This data can be used for analysis of vehicle dynamics and / or vehicle controls. The sensor is designed to be as easy as possible to integrate with high end electronics systems.
The sensor operates using CAN 2.0A at 1mbps and will provide the following data at 400hz:
- Position (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude)
- Body Frame Velocity (X, Y, Z)
- Body Frame Acceleration (X, Y, Z)
- Angular Rate (X, Y, Z)
- Dead Reckoning (Race Distance, Race Time)
- Orientation (Roll, Pitch, Yaw)
Additionally, the sensor will provide the following data at 100hz:
- UTC (Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, Millisecond)
- Sensor State Information, Velocity / Position / Orientation Uncertainty Information
- (optional) MoTeC GPS Simulation (0x680 -> 0x683)
The following are configurable options (via CAN):
- User selectable moving window filter for Body Frame Acceleration data and Angular Rate data
- User configurable antenna lever arm
- User selectable dead reckoning activation state or velocity window
- Advanced Kalman filter tuning parameters
Direct integration support for MoTeC M1 Build, MoTeC Dash, and any electronics that accept a .dbc file are available.
Please enquire about custom output formats, data rates, checksums, or functions.
These are made to order and typically ship within two weeks.