DC Electronics have developed a complete range of standalone electric power-assisted steering systems (EPAS) for competition, road and marine use.
How It Works:
- The EPAS system replaces the existing steering column.
- An electric motor and torque sensor are fitted in-line with the steering column.
- The torque sensor monitors the amount of force applied by the driver.
- This signal is fed into the EPAS ECU where the motor delivers the appropriate amount of assistance to power the steering rack.
- No hydraulics required.
- Lighter than a comparable hydraulic system.
- No hydraulic pump dragging on the engine.
- Weight of steering adjustable.
- Data available over CAN bus (certain systems only).
- Can be retro fitted to existing steering system.
Pictured Kit: Pro Street 108 Rotary System
Other Kits: EPAS Systems Comparison